Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wurkin for tha man

It's nice to have a day job. Working 5 days a week is a great way to pass the time until the weekend, however I'm realising I'll have less time for commissions and ActFur than normal, so have ta keep on top of things better in the coming weeks.

They were nice enough to give me an advance on my pay so that I can do things like...pay rent and buy food. The reason for this is that it doesn't take up-to 28 days for a sole-trader ABN to process, it takes EXACTLY 28 days for a sole-trader ABN to process..wooo.

So since they can't pay me the full amount without it they gave me an advance cheque which will hopefully process by tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Otherwise we have a nice lounge set from my Uncle Russel. We finally got rid of all the left-over card-board boxes which have been there for about 2 weeks. And wouldn't you know it I found a use for them the very next day (making levelled shelving for our cupboards whose shelves are quite tall + deep.


This weekend we're heading on out to the Astor, a heritage theatre to see a re-mastered version of Laurence of Arabia. Apparently it was originally shot on 65mm film and shrunk to 35mm for the cinema back then. So it was easy for some wizz bang remastering techs to bump it up to today's 70mm standard. Spielberg and some other Hollywood buffs have been paying out of their own pockets to have the great epic films remastered, so it'll be good to see.


P.S. Anyone catch the Tropfest film festival?

No comments:

Post a Comment