Sunday, February 20, 2011

PHASE TWO sort of!

blagh, Eka and Kraden are talking ( more like excitedly shouting ) at Jenera's web cam, making it tricky to concentrate on typing this whatever thing...but now we have the internet so I've stopped banging rocks together like a caveman and I need get some of the travel log stuff down while it's still fresh.


NIGHT BEFORE LEAVING

We had most of our peeps over to take away all our slightly neat junk and go for food at the new 'Burger Got Soul' in Sandy Bay...which was amazingly average btw. It was really nice to have a solid hang out with everyone since before that Eka and I had barely any time to do anything with all the packing and organising and such.


LAST DAY IN HOBART

Cassandra James insanely whisked over to our former place with funky apron and cleaning products in hand to help us desperately scrub the place down to make my landlord happy, an

d it worked ( a note to peeps...clean behind your oven every year or so...not every six years or so...omg ) our buddeh Nikki also arrived just to say her 'hi's and byes' and also ended up helping us clean the place, I have no idea why, what a pair of nice and slightly crazy individuals.


Leaving Hobart turned me into an emotional basket of total wuss-cakes, as it all came crashing down that I'd be gone pretty much for good and even if I did visit or move back down the place in sandy bay is gone for good, It really was my home for the past six years and it's a super weird feeling to up and leave, Me and

Eka scooted to the top of the state in Devonport and crashed over at my Dad's place who was also nice and crazy enough to stay up until 1am, make us delicious toasted sammiches & pie and give us a super comfortable bed to sleep on. (also used for Tabby to hide behind.)

I'm sort of amazed at how supportive and helpful and genuinely nice everyone as been to us, especially considering I'm not exactly the most pleasant person in the world.


I really should resolve to be less of a pain.


THIS STRAIGHT IS PRETTY BASS

The boat ride to Melbourne was really neat, except for the slightly scary steel cage that we had to stick tabby down in the grimy garage deck, but she had her cat box and a blanket and cowered in the tiniest corner of the box she could fit into for the voyage.

She survived okay though.

We slept for about half of the way in our nifty PORTHOLE cabin, which I would totally recommend doing if you are ever boating...btw all the people we talked to about going on trips via boat said this:


Meh: you ever go on the boat?

Peep 01: Yes I have

Meh: Did you use an ocean recliner or get a cabin?

Peep 01: stupid sea chair, it was 9 hours of total boredom, I hate boats forever!


Meh: you ever go on the boat?

Peep 02: Yes I have

Meh: Did you use an ocean recliner or get a cabin?

Peep 02: CABIN SO AWESOME!

After the nap, which we both really really needed we bought some terrible nik-naks from the gifty shop, did some doodling & snackulated. We managed to miss all three of the major meal times and ended up eating left over muffins and croissants...there was no ham or anything left so I had Jam...I've now submitted my application into the dark collective of jam likers...I never liked it as a Kid, but I was always a fussy brat and now I'm...less of a fussy brat....I even ate broccoli once!


here is a doodle-script of one of our discussions as we land mass started to pile up on the horizon



1 comment:

  1. That's so cute. I love all the Turm expressions as he contemplates what Melbourne looks like, draws it and then proudly presents it.

    ReplyDelete